THE BEST VEGAN RESTAURANT IN THE UK?

As my boyfriend, Joe, lives in Manchester, I would say I visit the city at least once a month. I have been a vegan for a year and a half now, but for some reason I have never been to V Rev Manchester. About a month ago, me and my Joe decided it was time to make the trip. Joe isn’t vegan, but he is so amazing and is very open to veganism, so he doesn’t mind me dragging him to vegan restaurants now and again!

Joe finished work and we got the tram into town and headed to V Revs. I was so excited to finally see what everyone had been raving about. We arrived at V Revs at 6:30, not even thinking to book a table, to be turned away as they were fully booked :(. We left the restaurant disappointed, on the hunt for somewhere else to eat. We walked in to a few places asking them if they catered for vegans, and everywhere said, “have you heard of V Revs? You should try there.” I was even more upset now, as it seems like V Revs was really popular in Manchester. In the end, we settled for Chiquitos, (which I wasn’t mad at, they have a lot of options on their menu that can be veganised).

About a month later, I was back in Manchester and determined to try again. I learnt from my mistakes, booking a table online well in advance. On the Friday, Joe got home from work and we travelled into town heading for V Revs again. It was time.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the door and seated straight away. Our table was in the back of the restaurant, which was really nice and a lot more private. We ordered our drinks, which were relatively cheap, (2 beers for £6). It was really nice to not have to think about whether the drinks were vegan for a change.

We looked at the food menu and MAN, there is so much choice! Fellow vegans will be able to relate to that feeling when you go in to a non-vegan restaurant and are lucky if you get a choice of two items from the menu. I was a little overwhelmed.

I decided to get the “BARBECUTE WITHOUT THE E” burger, and Joe opted for the “WHOPPER FLOCKA FLAME”. We both got doubles as we were starving, but looking back, a single burger would definitely have been enough.

For sides, we both got the loaded fries, shared chicken tenders and the mash and gravy. We got a little bit excited and ordered way too much food, but I honestly just wanted to try everything. It all looked so good.

Whopper flocka flame burger
Barbecue without the E burger
2 loaded fries
Chicken tenders
Mash and gravy
Instagram: emeatsvegan
Our food arrived pretty swiftly after ordering and we dug in. The burger was absolutely incredible. It was such a nice change from having to have a bean or a vegetable burger when eating out, this one looked and tasted like real meat! What I loved about this burger is it didn’t have a fatty or meaty taste, which is something I would not like after not eating meat for so long. 

Barbecute without the E burger
Instagram: emeatsvegan
I would go as far to say that this burger was the best vegan burger I had ever tasted. It has been a week since I went to V Revs, and I still think about that burger when I go to sleep.

The chicken tender side was the weirdest tasting experience for me. I have dabbled in a few fake chicken meats, but never anything like this. I haven’t eaten chicken in years, and this was the first time I had tasted a chicken alternative that actually reminded me of eating chicken all those years ago, (I tend to block those memories out). It wasn’t a bad taste though, in fact, it tasted really nice. One thing I would say is the BBQ sauce on the chicken is very overpowering, so next time, I would probably ask for the sauce on the side.

The loaded fries were great too. Although, I have never been a fan of cheese, so I wasn’t really fond of the cheese sauce that they were drowned in. However, if you are like most vegans and like the taste of cheese, you will love the cheese at V Revs, as it has the same consistency and taste as real cheese!

Loaded fries
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Overall, I was really happy with my experience at V Revs. The food was amazing and it was really fairly priced too. I will definitely be dragging Joe back there when I am next in Manchester.

Me (hehe)
Instagram: emeatsvegan
Love, 
Emma xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam