what I got for Christmas (vegan edition)

Coming from a family full of meat eaters, being the only vegan at Christmas is very interesting. Before, my extended family may have gotten me socks, bath stuff, perhaps a selection box here and there, but now I am vegan, that seems to be the only thing that identifies me. She’s a vegan, buy her ANYTHING that says vegan on it. Honestly, I’m not complaining. For me, it’s so nice to see people making an effort to cater for my lifestyle, and even my 80-year-old grandmother, who always asks me if I’m still on my “weird diet”, skipped buying me the usual chocolates this year.

Here is just a selection of vegan related gifts I got this year, (I got so much more but I procrastinate and put off writing blog posts meaning I’ve eaten most of my vegan goodies).

Vegan Christmas goodies

First off, my mum filled my stocking with vegan chocolates, and this is what is left of it. I was so impressed to find I had free from chocolate coins, as I had no idea these were even a thing!

Next in my stocking, my mum put in three face masks for me to try. She always does her research in to what brands are cruelty free and watches out for products that contain beeswax, and she managed to find these. I have already tried the tea tree one, which made my skin feel silky smooth. They are peel off ones, so it is a rather odd sensation when you remove it, as it literally feels like you are pulling off a layer of skin. I cannot say it has made any dramatic changes to my skin, as I have never had problematic skin, (I know I’m so annoying), but face masks are always fun to have in the cupboard.

My mum also put a vegan organic soap in my stocking this year which is so cool. The hardest thing I found about transitioning from vegetarian to vegan, was finding vegan beauty and skin care products. The great thing about this soap is it is completely organic and it is made by an independent business. I am trying to support more independent businesses in 2018, so I really appreciated this.

I was also gifted these two original source body washes from my auntie, along with some money. I use the coconut one all the time so I was really happy with these. It always helps to be stocked up on the essentials whilst at university.

Apologies again for how late this post is, one of my new year’s resolutions is to write more blog posts on time, (I will be writing another blog post on my resolutions, but honestly who knows when I’ll get around to doing that).

These are just some of the vegan gifts I got this year. I was going to do a post on all of my gifts, but I never write personal posts on here or on my Instagram. Maybe that is something I will try in the new year.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a happy new year,

Emma xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam