My Favourite Fake Meats

If you follow my vegan Instagram, (which you should, it’s @emeatsvegan), you will know I love fake meat. I use it in a lot of my meals, purely for convenience. It is actually one of my new year’s resolutions to cut down on the fake meat and start making my meals from scratch, but as a final dedication to my love for it, I am going to share with you my favourites, (featuring a lot of Linda McCartney, as you can imagine).

Fry’s Family Meat Free Nugs
Starting off with my favourite, Frys Family Meat Free Nugs. I always go for the chicken style ones over the chia seed, but I am sure they taste great too. I love these as they will go with anything, and only take 10 minutes in the oven! It has been a long time since I have eaten meat, but from what I can remember, these taste pretty close to the real thing, (minus the gross fatty taste of actual meat).

Meat free nuggets, peppers, cucumber, spinach, avocado, humous and sweet chilli sauce.
 Instagram: emeatsvegan 

Linda McCartney Pulled Chicken
Next up is Linda McCartney’s Pulled Chicken. I usually have this in a stir fry or I fry it with a load of veg and make a wrap. She also does a hoisin duck, which I actually prefer. My favourite way to eat the hoisin duck is in a wrap with raw spinach, slices of cucumber and hoisin and soy sauce to top it off. It makes the perfect duck pancake.

Pulled chicken, cucumber, peppers, spinach and broccoli cooked in paprika, lemon and herb dressing and curry powder,  topped off with free from mayo and sweet chilli sauce.
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Shredded duck, raw spinach, cucumber and hoisin and soy sauce.
 Instagram: emeatsvegan

Pulled chicken, broccoli, peppers, spinach and hot sauce
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Shredded duck stir fry with wholewheat noodles, broccoli, peppers and mushrooms
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Linda McCartney Rosemary and Red Onion Sausages
These are my favourite meat free sausages, definitely topping her vegetarian style ones. These are so versatile. You can have a sausage sandwich, include them in a fry up or chop them up and put them in a pasta. Delicious.

Sausage sandwich with mushrooms, spinach, cucumber and tomato sauce
Instagram: emeatsvegan


Fry’s Family Chicken Style Pieces
Another one from Fry’s Family, their chicken style pieces. I was nervous to try these at first, as they look a bit odd and very “fake” in the pan, but they taste amazing once cooked. I usually have these on a bagel with a load of salad.

Chicken pieces on a bagel with tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, celery and sweet chilli sauce
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Morrisons Own Brand Soya Mince
I always use this when I am making a spaghetti bolognese or tacos. This mince is very cheap too, so extra points for that!

Soya mince, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, salsa and guac in a taco
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Spaghetti bolognese using soya mince
Instagram: emeatsvegan
Spaghetti bolognese using soya mince with garlic bread
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Linda McCartney Beef Wellington and Mushroom Bites
I told you there would be a lot of Linda McCartney featured, but she really does make the best fake meat. These bites are some of my favourites in her range. I usually use these as my substitute meat in a roast dinner, and even my meat-eating family love her beef wellington and mushroom bites!

Beef wellington bites with creamy mash, broccoli, peas and gravy
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Asda’s Vegetable Burger
It was so difficult to choose my favourite meat free burger, but I think Asda’s own just topped it. I love Gosh’s burger range and also Morrisons do a really good free from burger which tries to replicate beef, if you weren’t into a classic beanie burger.

Veggie burger with tomatoes, spinach, humous and tomato sauce
Instagram: emeatsvegan

These are my favourite fake meats. The list is endless and it honestly baffles me how people still feel the need to eat animal flesh in 2018 when there are so many other options out there. I hope 2018 is there year more people start exploring the world of veganism.

Emma xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam