What I Will Be Eating On Christmas Day

What do vegans eat for Christmas dinner? The question I get asked every day throughout December. Do you not miss turkey? And pigs in blankets? The answer is no, I never miss contributing to animal slaughter, even on Christmas day! With the help of Linda McCartney, you too can make a cruelty free Christmas dinner. Here is what I am going to be eating on Christmas day.

Starter
To start, I am going to be having homemade leek and potato soup. I will not take credit for making this as my mum is going to be doing most of the cooking on Christmas day. An angel sent from above.

Soup!
Instagram: emeatsvegan
Main
The “meat”
Last year, I decided to play it safe and have Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages. This year, I am upgrading. I am going to have her beef, mushroom and spinach wellington bites and her mini pork and apple sausage rolls. I have tried her beef and red wine roast hoping that I would like it enough to eat it on Christmas day, but I found it very underwhelming. You could of course make your own nut roast, but I have never been a fan, and Linda McCartney is a much easier choice.

Linda McCartney mini sausage rolls
Instagram: emeatsvegan
Vegetables
When it comes to vegetables, I am the least fussy eater. I will eat them ALL. On Christmas, I will be having your standard carrots, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage. As a Christmas treat, I will be cooking my vegetables with vitalite, (vegan butter), and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Definitely not healthy but definitely delicious. It is Christmas after all.

Potatoes
My favourite part of a Christmas dinner has always been the roast potatoes. I will be having many roast potatoes on Christmas day and if I’m lucky, my mum may make vegan mash.

Yorkshire puddings
Last year, I could not work out how to make vegan Yorkshire puddings so I had to miss out. This year, I am going to attempt to make them. I figured I would just use the same recipe as my vegan pancakes, that I have to say I have mastered. Here is the recipe I am going to follow:
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of baking powder
1 cup of soya milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 cup of plain flour
A pinch of salt
If I am being honest, I have no idea how to make Yorkshire pudding so I am going to prepare the mixture and hand the rest over to my mum.

Of course, I am going to drown my Christmas dinner in several jugs of gravy. I use vegetable gravy from Morrison’s.

Pudding
If I can fit anything else in, I am going to be having traditional Christmas pudding. My mum managed to find one of these in the free from section in Morrison’s! I also have mince pies to eat that I got from Asda.

A vegan Christmas pudding!
Instagram: emeatsvegan

Asda's vegan mince pies
I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and I can’t wait to see what everyone else is having!

Emma xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam