Butternut Squash Soup

It’s winter and there is only one meal I want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner: soup. To most, making soup is quick and easy. But before I went vegan, I had no idea how to make it! So I thought I’d write a recipe for my favourite soup to help those who have no idea where to start. Here’s how I make my butternut squash soup, enjoy!


YOU WILL NEED:
1 whole butternut squash
1 medium sized potato
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion
Olive oil
2 stock cubes
A pinch of salt and black pepper (for seasoning).

First of all, you want to chop up your onion and garlic ready to fry in olive oil. Next, peel and chop your butternut squash and potato in to small chunks and place them aside. You will not know anger until you have tried to chop and peel a butternut squash, but be patient and persevere with it, the end is in sight.

Now, fry your onion and garlic in your olive oil on a medium heat. Whilst they are frying, fill your kettle up to the top with water and boil it. Place your two stock cubes (I use kallo organic stock cubes) in a measuring jug and add the boiled water so it reaches to around a litre. This may seem like a lot, but this soup makes around four portions!

Stir your stock cubes in with the water and add to your onion and garlic. You can now add your butternut squash and potato chunks.

Bring your mixture to boil and then simmer for twenty minutes.

Leave to cool before you blend your soup to make it smooth. (I am only including this step as my mum has always told me to leave my soup to cool, I really don’t know what it does).


Now blend your soup together until smooth (or eat it chunky) and add some more black pepper and serve! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam