4 Vegan Breakfast Ideas

Being vegan does not mean your food choices in the morning are limited. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and I am not ashamed to admit that most nights I go to sleep excited at the prospects of my breakfast the next morning. Here are four of my favourite ways to start the day.


1. Avocado and grilled tomatoes on toast
Avocados on toast is a classic vegan breakfast which is both quick and easy to make, (if we minus the time taken to successfully remove the avocado from its skin). Why not spice it up a little by adding some grilled tomatoes, siracha, chilli flakes and a sprinkling of black pepper. I always drizzle my tomatoes in olive oil before grilling them, it makes such a difference to their flavour. If you are a vegan on a budget, or a millennial who is trying to save for a house, Morrisons sell four wonky avocados for £1.56, a bargain! 



2. Porridge 
Porridge is so versatile; you can have it with bananas, peanut butter, strawberries or even just sugar. 



3. A vegan fry up
I usually treat myself to one of these on a weekend when my carnivorous boyfriend comes to visit me. It is great because even your meat eater friends will enjoy this one! I usually have toast (with dairy free butter), grilled tomatoes, a hash brown, half an avocado and a Linda McCartney sausage. My favourite are the rosemary and red onion ones but I know the vegetarian ones are also very popular. This meal will usually last me until dinner time so it's a win win. Of course you can make varieties of this breakfast if you don't want the full meal, such as beans on toast, a sausage sandwich etc.





4. Pancakes
Whoever thinks pancakes are only acceptable to eat on pancake day is wrong. I use cannyfood's pancake recipe (link here: http://cannyfood.co.uk/uncategorized/simple-vegan-pancake-recipe/) which always turn out thick and fluffy. An iconic duo when making pancakes. 


Emma 
xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING VEGAN AT... BOOMTOWN FAIR

REVIEW: MEATLESS FARM CO. MEAT FREE MINCE

Eating Vegan In... Amsterdam